Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

War

Yo, if life's a bullet, lies are a son of a gun/
PlayStation's trying to make me an army of one/
These radio stations don't play what I want/
So forget Clear Channel, I'm a say what I want/
We go from medal of honor to honor metal automatics/
Billboards show Bush support,
while his war's supporting havoc/
We are the half-people of this half a nation/
Mickey Mouse killed your spouse through character assassination/
See, the ties between Army Corp., corporations, bullet riddled corpses all up in your face/
Lies at the core of how privates become Corporals/
How subliminal messages turned into something corporeal/
But why's the TV trying to tell me my morals?/
Tell me to die to be free, but pay to be immortal/
I'm out of hot metaphors, or sick allegories/
But what I got left,
is an everyday story:/
I come home from work, trying to make my ends/
Turn on the TV, start watching Friends/
That's deep, 'cuz GE and NBC are friends/
Minorities turned immigrant-haters, business turned military/
Policies litigated made religion utilitary, still it's scary/
Cuz no rains can quell these flames/
We're just pawns on the board during Patriot Games/
It's local, let's just narrow the point focal, make it vocal/
(something like this)
Six. hundred million for a stadium, less than one-third of that for education/
Police presence increased tensions, see why I seek vengeance?/
But I gotta go to work and respect these complete methods/
See? It ain't easy to speak, when the only thing between me and
being six feet deep is the beat/
This administration is scared of people who think/
But knowledge is power, the sword is the ink, so don't blink/

No comments: