Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Please Leave

Get the FUCK off my block!! And take Starbucks with you. Take your
cafes, and your bistros, and your boutiques out of my shopping centers
- your demographic doesn’t deserve to live here... Get the fuck OFF
my block!! Jogging at midnight, with your toy dog, and your ipod, in a
neighborhood you wouldn’t be caught dead in two years ago. Take your
overpriced, low-income displacing condos with you.. No, leave the
condos - but you.. Get the FUCK OFF my block!! Your whole life, you’ve
done nothing but take advantage of ME, get over..ON ME. My whole life,
all I could have pride in was my culture. You took my stores, you took
my block; you took my parks, you took my block; you locked up my
brothers, you locked up my block; you broke down my sisters, you broke
down my block..you stole my culture; a culture single mothers carried
on their backs after they gave birth to it- ON MY BLOCK!!! So, you
stole my block. And Now, I’m asking nicely...GET.. THE FUCK.. OFF.

No comments: