Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Poisoned Needle (when relationships fall through)

I should've left, turned around and walked/
But, I was convinced, everytime she talked/
That I was wrong, even when I was right/
I did what I could to avoid a fight/
'Cuz she was like, "What you do with your life?"
"All that poetry you spitting ain't buying you Nikes"/
"You ain't battling nobody, can't even say that you're nice"/

Had to stop her right there, before stuff got hectic/
She starts that sucking her teeth, rolling her neck shit/

(I'm like) why you gotta snuff this little light of mine?/
Always talking smack to your fam, ain't you tired of lying?/
Before you say another word, I'll keep it short and sweet/
We're breaking up: like an audit, here's my reciepts:/

You was mean, and it hurt me to try and be nice/
I know what you did with that dude that night, you left his kicks in the closet: all white Nikes/
Seven years wasted with you in my life/
You know, I'm real glad that we're having this fight/
'Cuz you was always wrong, even when you was right/
And I hope everytime we talk/
That you can see when I left, turned around and walked/

No comments: