Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"For Mordred"

-Forgive me father for I know not what I do.
Forgave my father for what he did not do.
Forgot my father and tied knots without "I do."
Forgo my father, do better forgo my son - remember what I did.
-Let us embrace - spear meets sword in battle.
Spill the blood that beats in my heart that you put there,
you theived in the night; my mother thought me a crook like
you, 'cuz when my body grew so did her hatred for a son that
looked like you. Left like you - worse for wear, 'cause when
she stares, it's like bullets, and I can't rock a vest like you.
Left you like, she left me - but what were you doing when
she needed you to be the man woman had never seen. I am a
man I've never known tending to wounds in my soul I never
learned to sew - thanks to seeds never sown.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Deep.

Anonymous said...

very dope.