Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Soul's Movement vrs.1

I love the rush I get gracing the stage/
Gripping the mic/
I get to recite, embracing this rage in me/
I wish to paid plenty/
But why would I?/
How could I look myself the eye after?/
Life's been slavery, but these words make me my master/
LifeMusic, which means when I'm done I can die after/
I let y'all know-I ain't no ready to die rapper/
A street author, there deep thoughts in my chapter/
There's a need for me to exceed, succeed-must be the blood that I bleed/
Cuz suckas know who I is, before they know who I be/
You'd have to be born blind then gain sight just to know how I see/
That's why I rhyme, to give you a peek at my dreams/
The fabric of my soul, see the strength at the seams?/
Believe me, your boy Ram been through the scenes/
And it's been my blessing/
To see through the digression/
In the belly of the beast and avoiding digestion/
My question: why is this my direction?/
Why do I, have to spit flames at rhyme sessions?/
Vocalize the orator my ancestors time-tested/
I know the answer lies in a simple, divine lesson/
Cuz I have to, if I didn't who else would try? listen/

No comments: