Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A little mercy (Commissioned by Poetic People Power) www.poeticpeoplepower.com

Please Mr. Waterman, don't turn my water off today
Can the government, Mr. President?
Somebody have a little mercy on me

By mercy I mean information, 'cuz y'all could've told me
That access to water had to do with zoning
Or that if my tap sat still in a cup, I could see the barcoding

You sold me up a creek...
That bled into a river...
Without a paddle...
Seconds before Katrina
Y'all had no problems giving us water then, Thank You FEMA

Please Mr. Waterman, turn my water back on today
If not, Mr. Waterman, keep my water off, and charge me every possible fee
So I can flash you a look that kills, and never attempt to pay those bills,
Cuz like speech...water was made free
Before rich men with parchments forced folks to sit on their porches with parched lips
There were 2 Hydrogen, 1 Oxygen
But $10,000 water bills in Michigan has got single moms drinking lots of gin.

Tell you what, Mr. Waterman, keep the water; you'll find we are not the one,
The next time we ask for water, it won't be with "please"
It'll be with World War 3's
On our side, the sun, so listen for the drum.

Cuz we will have stopped singing the blues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There be some serious Blues behind this tune...