Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Am I a viral thinker? (week six response)

I have truly gone to extraordinary lengths in life to rarely follow the ideas of others. I can actually say that I don't participate in viral thoughts, at least on a conscious level. However, I have been 'ground zero' for a few things, and started a few viral trends; nothing too contagious, but I've given folks something else to be distracted by while working on the internet. I've made it a habit to 'tag' people in my notes (most of which are poetry) in Facebook. Also I subscribe to HAWP (Hey Ash, Whatcha' Playing?) which is a video game-themed web comedy series by a brother and sister, and I have brought them hundreds of followers by suggesting them to friends and their friends (http://www.heyash.com/). I'd never given it a second though as to whether it was a success, but I noticed that after a year, HAWP was asked to do a live taping at E3 (the biggest video-game convention to date), and was able to press a DVD of their work for distribution. Maybe I'd measure the 'success' by noting the success of others building their work from the ground up.

1 comment:

Kathleen Sweeney said...

some of the best viruses are anonymous....it's that hacking for the greater good concept....