Rogues

Rogues

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Counting Stars

On knees bent, I'm praying these kids don't walk the road we went/
Not because it was tough, that's the wrong reason/
But the path of the freedom fighter's called treason/
I'm fighting for change so that my son sees it/
And my daughter to understand that if she quits/
The revolution would die in that sequence/
In the meantime I produce like Seacrest/
Writing these poems to get a buzz like bees' nests/
With the people on my mind like Jesus/
Or Cassius Clay in the Congo; free us/
From preconceived notions and hatred/
Lenses, to help see through the fakeness/
Like Morpheus, been up and out of this matrix/
Came back - just to see who I could take with/
Counting stars and making new constellations/
Since zeroes and ones are still new calculations/

1 comment:

The Little Prince's Rose said...

:) beautiful. I think I heard you spit this... Frank's last night, no?