Rogues

Rogues

Friday, June 19, 2015

Preamble


Why would I bow to another man?/
When I built a nation with my bare hands/
With blood, sweat, a lot of tears, and some rubber bands/
All this belongs to my sisters and my brothers man/
To anyone with ancestor's skin like a Summer tan/
Sick of seeing us killed on some Son of Sam/
Then be told to keep the peace like the Son of Man/
To be black is a statement - its intrinsic/
We wear the shame of the country like it's in season/
They hate that, so they say that our way's treason/
Militias, cops chop us down, they say it's in reason/
The game's rigged from the get go, they been cheating/
Had codes from the jump, ain't even press start yet/
I can't hide, so I gotta be the loudest barking/
I'm Superman but they claim that I'm just Clark Kent/
I been looking for liberty under God/
But only found misery living up under y'all/








No comments: